Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New flood pics. from Yancey Bros.

Here's a link to video from the parking lot of Yancey Bros. where Joe works. 
http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_Yancey-Cat-boat-trip/video/793635/6690.html

Also, another link to a photo slideshow of flood pictures from Six Flags (keep in mind Yancey is directly across the interstate from Six Flags). 
http://www.wsbtv.com/slideshow/weather/21057757/detail.html

As I write, I hear helicopters flying overhead surveying the damage.  Several have flown by throughout the day.  Zack's school is closed until Monday and no preschool for George this week.  We're still under a boil water advisory.  Thankfully we had no rain on Tuesday or Wednesday so we're drying out and seeing what comes next.  It has been a very bizarre week. We made it to the gym this morning and had lunch with friends.  It was wonderful to see familiar faces and of course everyone is trading flood stories.  I'm hosting Bunco at my house Friday night, come heck or high water (literally!).