Date night for Zack, George and Mommy. We attended the 1st Annual Mustache Bash hosted by our school district. It was a well organized and fun event for mothers and sons. Since father-daughter dances are popular, this was their idea for mother-son. Way to go Rockwood! We went with two of our neighbors and their boys and spent the evening dancing, playing with balloons, playing games, making airplanes and riding giant carts. It was fun, fun, fun! They served mini-cupcakes, pretzels, water and Capri Suns. It took place at a middle school and they had a great turn out for the first year.
The challenge for the boys was to wear your mustache all night. Two of ours made it! You can see behind the boys a fun house type mirror. They had two mirrors and the boys enjoyed checking out their mustaches in them all night. Behind the mirrors was the dance floor. There were balloons to play with which was a sneaky way to get the boys on the dance floor without them realizing it. The DJ played to the moms, lots of music I remember from going to dances in high school. Think "That's What I Like About You".
George, Gregory, Zack and Grant
The school gym had larger than life games and cool carts to ride. Check out Zack zipping around the gym.
Zack happily pedaling around the gym.
Here goes George.
George finishing up his laps.
George played Pin the Mustache on '70s Burt Reynolds.
He's deciding wear to stick the mustache.
He did pretty good!
The larger than life games included Connect Four, Jenga, dominoes, a 10' x 10 ' checkers game, USA floor puzzle, bowling, chess and tic tac toe. Several games had more than one set. Zack enjoyed chess, George enjoyed it all, especially the bowling. We played a great game of Jenga with all three of us. If you played the giant Connect Four, invariably another boy would come along to help. It was quite a community game.
George making a play on Connect Four.
George, with a lollipop, and Mommy built a cool tower. (You can see Zack in the background next to Susan playing chess).
George, Grant, Zack and Susan (Grant's mom) playing chess.
Here you can see the chess board.
At the end of the night, we picked up our picture from the photo booth and the boys who wore their mustache all night (Zack and Grant) got a prize. And then the other boys got one too, it was Airhead candy. Thank you George and Zack for taking your mommy out for a great evening. Thanks also to Susan, Grant, Melanie and Gregory. You are all wonderful company.
Wow! I totally love that idea. Emma and Benjamin's school does a father-daughter dance and a mother-son dance. I'm not a big fan of the mother-son dance. The boys don't really want to dress up and they're not big dancers. I would rather go bowling or something with them. This looks great.
Whoa, the mustache bash sounds super fun, I want to go! Those lifesize games are awesome!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great idea for a whole family game night!!!
Grant totally had the Burt Reynolds mustache!
ReplyDeleteWow! I totally love that idea. Emma and Benjamin's school does a father-daughter dance and a mother-son dance. I'm not a big fan of the mother-son dance. The boys don't really want to dress up and they're not big dancers. I would rather go bowling or something with them. This looks great.
ReplyDeleteI predict MANY mustache bashes in your future!
ReplyDelete