1. A visit with cousin Henry and Aunt Dude
Henry's enjoyment of our trip to the cool shoe store!
My sister posted a great update about the visit on her blog, here's the link to see more pics. and stories: Jalene's blog. Hooray for being closer to family and looking forward to many more visits to come!2. Zack started playing flag football. Much to our dismay, his team is the Vikings but we'll let it slide for now. He's having a great time and learning more about the sport. He'll throw the ball around in the yard for hours so at least now he has other kids to play with. It's a short season, 8 games over 4 weekends.
3. George's comment in church. During Father's homily one Sunday, he was making the point that with all of nature's beauty, especially in the spring, how can you say "there is no God". So George promptly said, in his regular speaking voice which is a bit on the loud side, "there is no God." Then he turned to me and said, "see, I can say that Mommy". I saw at least one person in front of us chuckle. I know I did!
4. Spring break fun at the Magic House. Joe took two days off during spring break so we headed to the Magic House for a fun outing. The Magic House is a wonderful children's museum in St. Louis and we live less than 15 min. from it.
Bob the Builder exhibit
Fun with mirrors and masks
President Zachary I. Swayne in the oval office
Inspector Andrew
George the gardener
5. Andy and Papaw Hested were published in the April Issue of "Classic Truck" magazine in the "Postage Paid" section (letters to the editor). Here's the picture my dad sent in.
Unfortunately the link to the online version is no longer active, never fear, I have a copy of the magazine. Dad wrote, "I love your magazine! Keep up the good work. I have a bright yellow '69 C10 Stepside and look forward to receiving CLASSIC TRUCKS every month. I thought you might enjoy the attached picture. One night when my 2-year-old grandson, Andy, was visiting I read CT instead of his usual bedtime book. Now he picks out the magazine instead of a book at bedtime. He also now points out all the old, not new, trucks he sees to his Mom and says "Pa Paw's truck". His mom couldn't figure out how he knew the difference until she realized we had been reading CT at bedtime."
Editor's response: "Looks like you've got a future classic trucker on your hands! Just keep in mind that in a few years down the road when Andy begins to hound you about borrowing the C10 you only have yourself to blame-or congratulate." RIZ, April 2011, Volume 20, No. 4, CLASSIC TRUCKS