Sunday, November 28, 2010

Headed to the Big MO!

After a ten year detour to the south (12 years for Joe), we're headed back to the mid-west.  Even though we're moving in the middle of the winter, we couldn't be happier about it.  It's been a whirlwind of activity the past few weeks, let me catch you up on the latest news.  Joe started working for Fabick CAT in Fenton, Missouri on Oct. 11.  Fenton is 20 min. west of St. Louis so this gets us much closer to all of our family.  His job is going well and he's been able to come home for a few weekends.  The boys and I miss him but our job was to stay here and sell the house.  I am happy to report our home here in Georgia is under contract and scheduled to close in mid-December.  Oh happy day!!

The boys and I drove up to Fenton on Nov. 19 for a house/school hunting trip.  Joe did lots of legwork before I got there and we were able to put a contract on a house in Fenton on Nov. 21.  It is a beautiful ranch home with plenty of room for visitors so plan to come see us in 2011.  The neighborhood has lots of families and we'll be about 10 min. from everything, including Joe's office.  No more 45+ min. commute for him.  We close on that house in late December which means if all goes well, we will officially be homeless for Christmas.  Thankfully my mom and dad are taking us in for Christmas.  Thanks M&D!  

We had Thanksgiving dinner with Joe's grandma and uncle, what a nice treat.  And it even snowed on Thanksgiving in the afternoon.  George declared, "it's a Christmas Thanksgiving!"

The plan is for the boys to finish 2nd quarter at school on Dec. 17 and the movers will be in town that week getting everything packed/loaded.  We hope to start school in Fenton the week of Jan. 3 so Zack will go right from one school to the other.

So that's the very abbreviated version of what we've been doing since I last posted in August.  Until next time, enjoy these quotes and a couple of pictures.

Zack in the car one morning on the way to school:  "Mommy, the weekdays feel like a race that we always get first place.  The weekends are like old people walking down the road".

George saw our priest pull into his parking spot and said:  "I see God getting out of his car!"

1st quarter school awards:  Zack was on the Principal's List honor roll (all A's and good behavior) and had perfect attendance.  George won the Outstanding Citizen award for his pre-k class.  

George the ghost, Zack the clone from Star Wars and Andy the dragon
Joe and Jen with Mark and Ann at Ann's surprise birthday party at her parents' house in Virginia....we're going to miss you and all of our Georgia friends!

4 comments:

  1. Praying for a safe and easy move for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys!! Nice to be back in MO!! I am living back in Odessa, Joe you know where it is. I have moved in with the nicest man I have ever met and am absolutely loving life! I moved back to help take care of my aging parents and Bryan...so to speak. Mom and dad yes, Bryan just came along for the ride. In the process, Clint asked me to move in with him and I said yes. My best friend from college lives in O'Fallon and we have plans on spending a few weekends together this summer. Maybe we can get together again and have dinner or something. Give the boys a hug and keep in touch. PS I need an address for a Christmas Card. Thanks! Kellee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, congrats on finding a great new house and SELLING your current house! We can't wait to see you more then a couple times a year! Love, Dude

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you guys and hope the move goes smooothly. There's nothing like living near family, that's for sure! But we'll miss seeing you at church.

    ReplyDelete