Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day Part II: At the ballpark

The week before Mother's Day, Joe sent me an email asking if I wanted to go to the Cardinals game on Sunday (Mother's Day) and sit in the Fabick suite.  And more importantly, would my mom be interested since she was going to be here?  She follows sports because of us but she isn't a sports nut like me who loves going to the game.  So we didn't want her to spend Mother's Day at the ballpark if she wasn't interested.  My mom said yes, let's go for it.  Hooray Mom!  After church on Sunday, we headed to Busch stadium to watch the Cardinals play the Atlanta Braves.  The weather was sunny and 70, the kids were great and we all thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.  The only thing that would have made it better was a Cardinals win (we lost 7 - 4).  I recognized a few of the Braves players from our years of going to the Braves game whenever St. Louis came to town in Atlanta.  Thank you to Fabick for the seats, we appreciate it!  Then after the game, the kids got to run the bases.  See below for more.  It was so cool!   

Mom, George, Dad, Zack, Andy and Mary next to the Stan Musial stadium outside the stadium.
My cute little baseball fans.  Andy, Jen and Mary with Andy's hat on her head
My dad is a lifelong Cardinals fan and the reason I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan.  Go Cards!
Andy, Jen, Mary and Dad
Andy is holding his David Freese bobble head.  Every person with a ticket who came in the gates got the bobble head so we left with seven David Freese bobble heads.  Just what we need.  Ha!
Andy, Mom and Mary
I snapped this picture of the "side" scoreboard since it has all the world champion flags on it, including 2011.  It was fun to see all the new world champions 2011 stuff in the stadium.  I also like the picture it was showing at the time of pitcher Chris Carpenter.  It said, "Some starters are also closers."  Carpenter has pitched a few complete games which you don't see much anymore.
I got a picture of me with each of my kiddos which I never think to do!
Zack and Jen
Don't you love George's hat?  He also brought his rally squirrel stuffed animal.  His name is "Nutters".
Jen and George
Jen and Andy
Jen and Mary
Let's do silly faces Mommy!  Jen, Andy and George 
My mom is a good sport, thanks for going to the game.  It was a really fun Mother's day.
Mom and Jen
The kids got to run the bases after the game.  We all got to go down on the field with them.  It was so cool!  They do this a few times a year after Sunday games.
Andy, Jen, George and Zack coming out of the tunnel onto the field.
Zack, George and Andy heading out to first base.  Andy is wearing the light blue shirt and the red hat.
Joe was walking past the first base side with Mary in the stroller and they said Mary could go too.  So Mary got to run the bases too, with Joe's help.  What a hoot!
Mary and Joe heading to first base.
Zack coming in to home plate.
George touching home.  He had his fun hat and his rally squirrel in his hand.
Andy touching home plate. Good job Andy!
Joe and Mary coming down the third base line.
Mary touching home plate.
Andy, George, Zack and Mary on the field.

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome Mother's Day! I love the pictures with each kid. It is so nice you were able to be with your Mom and Dad and I am sure it helped to have the extra hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a fun Mother's Day! Sounds more like a Father's Day outing. I love the pics of Joe "running" the bases with Mary. I asked Mom if she was wearing Cardinals gear. She said, she did. It looks like she borrowed one of Dad's many t-shirts. Too bad Julie and I married Cubs fans. Oh, well at least my Joe is a PACKERS fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah, I like the pics with each kid too. I also like the silly faces pic. I always like to do serious pics and then a silly pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome time! I love Georgie's pictures with his hat and Nutters. Emma would have been so embarrassed! Man, are he and Benjamin a pair. Benjamin went to school last week with his alligator hat on.

    ReplyDelete