Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sacred Heart Vegetable (Festival)

On May 20, we spent the afternoon and evening at our church's annual parish picnic/festival.  Andy called it the "vegetable" instead of "festival".  The festival includes carnival rides, games, live music, food & drinks and outdoor Mass at 5 p.m.  When Andy saw our priests coming outside for Mass, he said, "what is God doing outside?"  

The weather was sunny and hot, it was 90 when we arrived after lunch.  Fortunately, our friends found a table in the shade so our home base was cool with a nice breeze.  The kids enjoyed the rides but not all of the rides agreed with the kids.  We had some upset tummies after a couple of them.  They recovered quickly and kept going.  Zack said it best when we got home, "well, that was really fun, except for when I barfed".  Despite all that, he was right, we did have a good time and came home with some awesome prizes including a giant, inflatable bat.  Just what we need!    

I also included a couple of pictures of Mary eating at the end of this post.  She is a very good eater, check her out as she waits for the next bite.     

Andy couldn't wait to go on the "Speed" slide.  It was a Lightning McQueen themed inflatable.   He calls Lightning McQueen "Speed".  What a happy boy. 

George and Zack on the bumper cars
Andy, Zack and George on the car ride 
George and all the girls on the Frog Hopper 

George and his good friend Lila ready to ride the Tornado
George on the Scrambler with Lila and her mom, Laura
Too much fun for Zack.  He rode the Vortex and then told me his tummy didn't feel good.  I told him to rest for a little bit and he rested so much he fell asleep for 30 minutes.  
Mary and our friend Elayna 
Mary loves eating her baby food and she is like a little bird waiting for the next bite.  I wanted to include a couple of pictures to show you. 
Mary waiting for another spoonful of food.
Mary waiting for more.  Look at her hands, she twitches while she waits. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of George on the ride with all the girls. I bet George got crushed on the Scrambler ride. As I recall the "largest" person should sit on the inside of that ride. Lisa and I learned that the hard way...! The pic of all the boys riding in the car is cute! What fun! Mary eats like Henry used to, only Henry didn't twitch his hands at us in between bites.

    ReplyDelete