Saturday, April 28, 2012

We have granite...again! Before and after pictures

When we moved to Missouri, we left behind a kitchen in Georgia that we had completely redone in the five years we lived in the house.  New appliances, flooring, window treatments, paint, cabinet hardware, faucet, sink and granite countertops.  Our kitchen here is now undergoing the exact same transformation.  It is de' ja' vu as we shop for appliances, granite and hardware.  Didn't we just do this?  Yes, we did!  It is a process that will again take several years.  We really enjoyed the granite countertops and decided it was worth the money to do it again.  So here are the before and after pictures of our new counters that were installed yesterday (Friday) and the new stove.  Next up is painting the kitchen and installing cabinet hardware.  The paint samples and new hardware are sitting on the counter.  
Island and counters - before. The green formica just wasn't our style.
Island and counters - after.  Notice we added an overhang to the island so we can use stools there.
Sink and island - before
Sink and island - after.
We're using the same faucet, it wasn't re-installed at the time I took this picture.  The faucet is in now and we can use the sink again.  One day without a kitchen sink was interesting. 
Dry bar - before
Dry bar - after (Notice the two heads on the couch.  They were playing DS).
In process - no stove
In process - Hey, there's our sink
The under mount sink.  The deep sink is awesome. 
New stove - hooray!
The island
Granite up close - This color is called azul platino.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the granite looks awesome! I'm so jealouse you have a big, DEEP sink now too. Your stove looks like it has two separate stove sections..that would be great too! Great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I bet you love it. I know when we moved into the house with our granite, I loved running my hands over it. So smooth and cool.

    Your stove looks great, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome!! I can't wait to see it in person!! I am jealous of the overhang on your island. That will be so nice for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen looks amazing! A lot of work, I can tell! Mary is getting so big! Love those sweet smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete