Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Zack's 1st swim meet


Zack and George both started swimming lessons last week and are doing a great job. Zack decided to try the summer swim team which has a few meets in June and July. He went to his first practice Friday morning and competed in a meet on Friday night. He had so much fun and was asking about practices and the next meet on the way home. He said practice was fun and hard. I bet it was, swimming for an hour straight is work. It is a recreational league so they don't do disqualifications at the meets. Joe and I learned about heat sheets and how to mark him up for his races. Check out the slideshow for pictures. He competed in the backstroke, freestyle and a freestyle relay.  What fun! 

Notice how he was jumping in for the freestyle, what a hoot. He's been practicing diving this week and can't wait to go head first in the water for next week's meet.

And another trip to the ER

In the interest of never a dull moment at our house, George fell and busted his chin on the hardwood floors on Saturday afternoon. After much debate and a phone call to the 24 hr. nurse line, I took him to the ER Sat. night and he got five stitches. He did so well at the hospital, never made a peep. He didn't cry, whine or anything. Now if only it would be like that at home...... He's doing fine and was able to re-join swimming lessons on Tuesday with triple band-aids on his chin. He jumped off the diving board today and was so proud of himself.




1 comment:

  1. I'll post my FB comment here as well, since I always like comments on my blog...
    Woo hoo, Zack! Welcome to the swim team world. It's awesome! Maybe we have a new Michael Phelps on our hands. Georgie doesn't sound too far behind. I can't believe he went off the diving board. I don't think Benjamin would do that yet.

    So, how many ER visits does that make for your 3 boys? Several already and they aren't even 7 yet! :)

    ReplyDelete