We have a new walker! After a broken leg and at age 20 months, Andrew is finally walking. Hurray!
I co-chaired the third annual St. Nicholas Night fundraising dinner for Zack's school, St. Rose Academy, on Dec. 5. Since this was my third year being in charge, it wasn't quite as stressful and I really enjoyed the whole process. It also helped to have a wonderful co-chair who will take over for me next year! We fed a yummy italian dinner to 240 people and had a gift tree raffle, silent auction, 50/50 raffle, visits and pictures with Santa, children's art display, a dessert contest and a table decorating contest. Everyone had a great time. It is really like the school's family Christmas party, plus we raised $2500, not bad for one night! Of course I didn't take any pictures that evening so if I get some from other people, I will post them later.
I took George and Andy to the Georgia Aquariam on Dec. 11 as a special treat for putting up with Mommy as she prepared for St. Nick night (plus they run a really sweet Mommy and Me deal in Nov./Dec.). George loved the jellyfish tank.
We took our third annual trip to Callaway Gardens on Dec. 12 to spend the night and see the "Fantasy in Lights" display. Despite a very rainy day and night, we had a good time. The kids really enjoyed the lights this year and rememberd several of the displays from last year. Zack loved the 12 days of Christmas and Santa's workshop, George loved the snowflake tunnel. They also got to go swimming which is a big deal in the winter.
George, Andy and I celebrated Christmas with our playgroup on Dec. 14. We were missing a few people that day so this isn't the whole crew. We've been playing together once a week for over five years now. These kiddos are the 2nds and 3rd (Andy), the big kids were all in school that day.
Joe and I met up with Martin, a buddy of mine from the Univ. of Illinois and the Marching Illini, to attend the Illinois vs. Georgia basketball game on Dec. 19. The Illini lost by one basket, bummer. What a treat to see Martin after many years, thanks to Facebook for making that reunion possible. About half of the Gwinnett Arena (a neutral site) was filled with Illini fans, lots of orange in the crowd. It was fun to be wearing my orange and blue for a reason instead of being mistaken for a lost Florida or Tennessee fan.
We made cookies with our good friends the Pavlik family on Dec. 21. What fun! My kitchen floor was really crunchy after that adventure.
As we wrap up this Advent season, we will be changing over our Advent tree tonight from purple ribbon and ornaments to our Christmas tree decked out in red, gold and green. Enjoy every moment of this wonderful season and remember to give the greatest gifts of faith, hope and love to all. Merry Christmas!
