My youngest cousin Colynn is graduating from high school this month. I'm an oldddd cousin, more like his aunt. I've enjoyed watching him grow up into an awesome young man and went to Iowa over the weekend to celebrate at his graduation party. I took Mary with me while Joe and the boys stayed at home to enjoy the parish festival. Sounded like a good deal to me! Everyone had a ball so it was a win-win deal.
 |
| Colynn, the graduate, with Jen and Mary |
On Saturday morning, Mary and I visited with Great Grandma Scherbring. I am so blessed to still have both my grandmas with us. Grandma and Mary really enjoyed spending time together, what a pair. I didn't get a picture of Mary with Great Grandma Powers but we saw her too.
 |
| Kisses with Great Grandma |
My uncle Gary, aunt Judy, cousin Amy and her three boys Kade, Nathan and Landon came over to Great Grandma's house to say hello. Mary looked at them when they walked in like, huh, my brothers are here except these are the wrong boys.
 |
| Nathan, Grandma and Landon working on a new puzzle I brought for Grandma. She wanted a USA puzzle with each piece shaped like a state. |
 |
| Landon, Kade, Mary and Nathan (sitting on the floor) |
 |
| Two pretty ladies with their curly hair |
 |
| My cousin Melissa read night time stories to Mary on Saturday night. |
We stayed at my cousin Marsha's house who has two younger children. They have plenty of toys for Mary and she tried out the Cozy Coupe. Believe it or not, I've never had one of these cars. Thank you to Marsha and Russ for your hospitality!
 |
| Mary out for a drive after church |
The food at Colynn's party was served concession stand style. The menu included hot dogs, brats, walking tacos (a bag of Doritos with meat and cheese added), nachos, frozen chocolate malts and soda. They also served all kinds of candy which the kids, young and old, enjoyed. No cake!
 |
| Colynn's older brother Bryce (with girlfriend Jillian) worked the concession stand. |
I gave Colynn my standard graduation gift of money but presented it in a fun style. I stenciled "Colynn's Fun Money" on the jar and filled the jar with rolled up $1 bills and smarties. The tag read:"Colynn, you're such a smartie". The back side read: "Congratulations on your graduation. Love, The Swayne Family, Joe, Jennie, Zack, George, Andy and Mary". I tied it on with purple and yellow ribbon which are his high school and college colors. I got the jar idea from a magazine and the smartie idea from a friend. I love how it turned out.
Mary was all partied out. She fell asleep in her high chair during snack time on Monday morning.